Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Candle Sleeves


I've been as busy as an elf this week with orders from my Etsy shop so today I took some time to work on some crafting for myself. I bought these pillar candles at Michael's for $3.99 each and they smell like cookies. Yum!

I had wanted to make some pretty candle sleeves with the scrap fabric I seem to have collected. Seriously, sometimes I think my crafting supplies are taking over the whole house but the fabric is especially bad because I DON'T SEW. Not at all. I have a sewing machine that hates me with almost as much passion as I hate it. Even knowing this about myself, I still can't resist buying pretty fabrics. They are a weakness. So here was a fun, no-sew project that I could throw some of my lovely fabrics into.

Each candle is wrapped with at least two fabrics that are frayed on the edges to give them some rustic charm. Then I added ribbons, vintage buttons, vintage lace trim, fabric and paper flowers and just decorated them to my heart's content. Each one is headed to a special home come Christmas.

When I open a second Etsy store for home decor in the new year, you can expect to see some of these for sell in there too. They are too fun and too cute to pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment